Monday, July 10, 2006

Working through UFOs



Completed UFO number 123 (haphazardly chosen number, who really knows how many UFOs I have? I will make it a goal to document them all for completion or demolition when I return from North Carolina the 20th) - the Clapotis from knitty.com (pattern published 2004!) in Rick Rack by Interlacements. The pattern used 1 skein (1100 yards). Gotta like that for sewing in ends!

Lovely striping through the bulk of the shawl, with minor (to me, Janice would disagree) puddling as the increases and decreases made their presence felt. I am very pleased with the result! And that is one UFO down, oodles to go.... 2006 is stash use and UFO completion year. Whoohoo!

Next to do? My browns poncho - I have three shades of brown yarn in wools, I plan to make it into a poncho along these lines http://makeashorterlink.com/?K3E45136D - a Spikey Poncho described and modelled at About.com. Each stripe of yarn will be knitted in a different texture - medium brown will be a basket weave, dark brown an eyelet (I think) and light brown a lovely cable panel. Right now my calculations indicate I have enough medium brown yarn to do a 6" x 60" stripe. I am working on the dark brown panel calculations next. I plan to knit up the light brown cable panel, then knit the medium brown in such a way that I do not have to sew the two together, picking up stiches as I go. We'll see.
Comments:
Pretty Clapotis. :)
 
Lovely finished object. Can't quite picture the browns poncho yet, but it sounds like you are doing good calculating, so I'll have to trust you, just this once. :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?